
Specialty papers can cost a lot of money - anywhere up to $5 a sheet. And in reality, we all have the tools and skills to make our own.
In this layout, I used a specialty paper which had a scalloped and punch edge as a template. You can also purchase templates and stencils specifically for this purpose. Firstly, I copied around my paper to the size I wanted. I then hand-cut the scallop edge and randomly punched holes in the scallops. To finish off my "specialty" paper, I inked around the edge.
I then positioned my page by colour-blocking my papers and photos.
I just love floral and patterned papers but have difficulty using them because I don't want to cover up their beautiful design. In this layout, I hand-cut around the flowers and then mounted them on "Magic Mount". This not only makes the flowers stand out as a feature but also gives the page depth.
Finally, the embellishments and journalling are very minimalist and are centrally placed on the page to draw your eye to the photos.
In this layout, I used a specialty paper which had a scalloped and punch edge as a template. You can also purchase templates and stencils specifically for this purpose. Firstly, I copied around my paper to the size I wanted. I then hand-cut the scallop edge and randomly punched holes in the scallops. To finish off my "specialty" paper, I inked around the edge.
I then positioned my page by colour-blocking my papers and photos.
I just love floral and patterned papers but have difficulty using them because I don't want to cover up their beautiful design. In this layout, I hand-cut around the flowers and then mounted them on "Magic Mount". This not only makes the flowers stand out as a feature but also gives the page depth.
Finally, the embellishments and journalling are very minimalist and are centrally placed on the page to draw your eye to the photos.
Hi :) I didn't know how else to reply to your comment on my blog to make sure you received it!
ReplyDeleteI purchased my kit from the NZ shop. At the time there was only a few left and it took a couple months to arrive. Since then I think they have had one more preorder advertised. If they have sold out I have no idea where else to get them from sorry :( Its unfair that there isnt an Aust agent, and that we can't buy direct from Amazon :(
Christine